Forsyth Nature Center's 2015 Kayaking Program
Kingston Kayak Festival - Saturday, June 13, 2015
Kingston Point Beach, Kingston, NY - 10am-4pm, Admission $10, proceeds benefit Kingston's Environmental Education Programs
Visit this link for more information. This festival is brought to you by Kenco Outfitters and the Kingston Parks and Recreation Department with financial support provided by George Cole Auctions. Purchase your tickets in advance here
A $10 discount is provided for all programs if you bring your own Kayaking Equipment (life jacket, paddle and Kayak)
Reservations can be made online or over the phone!
Read the Terms, Conditions and some Helpful Information below!
Forsyth Nature Center Kayaking Program
Terms/Conditions and General Information
- All Fees are non-refundable. A credit for a future program can be given in certain situations. Please contact the staff if you have to cancel your reservation.
- Rain/Wind Cancelation:If we make the decision to cancel a program in the event of extreme rain, wind, or cold weather, a Kayaking Voucher will be given for a future kayaking trip with the Forsyth Nature Center. Include a phone number where you can be reached the night before and morning of the program.
- A liability waiver & release form must be signed before the program begins.
- Full payment is required with registration
- Must be over 13 years old to use a single kayak, younger paddlers must use a tandem with an adult.
- Specific Kayak Types can not be guaranteed but staff will try to accommodate special requests
- There are no bathroom facilities (other than mother nature) at launch sites. Please plan accordingly.
- If you bring your own boat, there is still a program fee. You must have and wear all safety gear.
A liability release form must be signed by each person. While we are very safety conscious, we can not control the weather or conditions. You must understand that risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. Kayaking is a high risk activity and you must be willing to assume responsibility for your participation in this activity.
We operate tours for beginner paddlers. Beginner trips aren’t always easy. Kayaking is exercise. Even beginner programs may be demanding if you don’t exercise regularly. In addition, natural variations in the conditions of wind and water will affect the level of difficulty on any given day. For new paddlers, staff provide an overview of kayaking techniques and safety related to the water.
Starting and Finishing Times
All tours start promptly with safety and paddling instruction. Please arrive fifteen minutes early so that you’ll have time to sign the liability statement.
- Be on time! Most trips are planned to take advantage of tides and currents.
- Be flexible! Kayakers go with the rhythm of nature. Each trip is unique because wind, weather, tide and group harmony are never the same. We ask that you approach each trip with an open mind and a readiness for fun.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and water temperature (no jeans, bring shoes that can get wet)
- Be together! Kayaking is a group activity. The day will be safer and more enjoyable if we function as a cohesive team.
- No Dogs Please.
- Bring plenty of water, sunscreen and a hat.
- Have FUN!